2020 Data Submission
The data submission period for MIPS eligible clinicians who participated in the 2020 performance year of the QPP is now open. Data can be submitted and updated until 7:00 p.m. CST on March 31, 2021.
How to Submit Your 2020 MIPS Data
Clinicians will follow the steps outlined below to submit their data:
- Go to the Quality Payment Program webpage.
- Sign in using your QPP access credentials (see below for directions).
- Submit your MIPS data for the 2020 performance year or review the data reported on your behalf by a third party.
CMS Data Submission Videos
- Introduction and Overview of 2020 Data Submission
- File Upload and Quality Scoring
- Manual Attestation of Promoting Interoperability
- Manual Attestation of Improvement Activities
Telligen Data Submission Webinar
Doctors and Clinicians Preview Period is Now Open
The Doctors and Clinicians Preview Period is officially open as of January 25, 2021 at 9 a.m. CT. You can now preview your 2019 Quality Payment Program (QPP) performance information before it will appear on clinician and group profile pages on Medicare Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog (PDC). You can access the secured Preview through the QPP website.
Please refer to the resources below on how to preview your information:
- Pre-recorded Presentation: Preview Period: Performance Information for Doctors and Clinicians
- Doctors and Clinicians Preview Period User Guide
To learn more about the 2019 QPP performance information that is available for preview as well as the 2018 clinician utilization data that will be added to the PDC, download these documents from the Care Compare: Doctors and Clinicians Initiative page:
- Clinician Performance Information on Medicare Care Compare: 2019 Doctors and Clinicians Public Reporting
- Group Performance Information on Medicare Care Compare: 2019 Doctors and Clinicians Public Reporting
The Preview Period will close on March 25, 2021 at 7 p.m. CT.
2021 Explore Measures Tool
The Explore Measures Tool on the QPP website is now updated with 2021 measure and activity information. You can use this site to find measures and activities for each of the four categories of MIPS. You are also able to download the measure specifications from this page. To take a look visit https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/explore-measures?tab=qualityMeasures&py=2021
2021 MIPS Payment Adjustments
2021 MIPS payment adjustments, based on each MIPS eligible clinician’s 2019 MIPS Final Score, will now be applied to payments made for Part B covered professional services payable under the Physician Fee Schedule. Payment adjustments are determined by the final score associated with your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)/National Provider Identifier (NPI) combination.
MIPS eligible clinicians, identified by TIN/NPI combination for the 2019 performance period, will receive a positive, neutral, or negative MIPS payment adjustment in 2021 if they:
- Were a clinician type that was included in MIPS;
- Enrolled in Medicare prior to January 1, 2019;
- Were not a Qualifying Alternative Payment Model (APM) Participant (QP);
- Were a Partial Qualifying APM Participant (Partial QP) that elected to participate in MIPS as a MIPS eligible clinician; and
- Met one of the following criteria:
- Individually exceeded the low-volume threshold;
- Were in a practice that exceeded the low-volume threshold at the group level and submitted group data or were part of an approved virtual group; or
- Were in a MIPS APM and the APM Entity group exceeded the low volume threshold (This also includes Partial QPs who elected to participate in MIPS).
For More Information
Review the 2021 MIPS Payment Adjustment Fact Sheet for more details and answers to frequently asked questions.
Visit the Quality Payment Program Resource Library for more Quality Payment Program resources.
February Telligen QPP Connect Live Call
As part of the Performers of Excellence Award we will host a new call-in series called Telligen QPP Connect Live! Each month we will highlight a topic with a few slides to kick off the call/start conversation and then you can ask questions (on the topic or anything else you would like). These calls will happen the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 12:00 – 1:00 Central. The call on February 17th will highlight 2020 Data Submission. Please use the following information to join via computer or phone.
|Join Zoom Meeting|
|Phone one-tap:||US: +13462487799,,95908897340# or +16699006833,,95908897340#|
|Meeting ID:||959 0889 7340|
|Join by Telephone|
|For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.|
US: +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592
|Meeting ID:||959 0889 7340|
CMS LAN Webinar
Please join CMS for the final LAN event, Key Insights for Success in MIPS and Lessons Learned.
During this event, CMS will celebrate MIPS successes through the years and recognize how far small practices have come since the inception of MIPS. Join CMS for a roundtable discussion with a panel of solo and small group practice clinicians, practice managers and experts that have learned how to succeed in MIPS, and will share their initial challenges, how they overcame those, and their tips for success.
This web presentation provides an overview on how to successfully report Merit-based Incentive Payment System data for the Quality, Improvement Activities, and the Promoting Interoperability performance categories.
In this new live monthly call/webinar format, we provide highlights of the changes to the QPP Final Rule for 2021 for each of the performance categories as well as answer some audience questions. Please see the Zoom link in our Performers of Excellence Article to join our February 17th call, highlighting 2020 Data Submission.
New Resources in the QPP Resource Library
The following resources were updated or added in January.
- 2021 MIPS Data Validation Criteria
- 2020 MIPS EMA and Denominator Reduction User Guide
- 2021 MIPS Overview Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Eligibility and Participation Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Quality Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Claims Reporting Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Improvement Activities Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Promoting Interoperability Quick Start Guide
- 2021 Cost Quick Start Guide
- 2021 APM Participant Quick Start Guide
- 2021 MIPS Eligibility Decision Tree
- 2021 Patient Facing Encounter Codes
- 2021 Quality Benchmarks
- 2021 MIPS Quality Measure List
- 2021 CQM Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2021 Claims Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2021 QCDR Measure Specifications
- 2021 Hip Arthroplasty and Knee Arthroplasty Complication Measure
- 2021 Hospital-Wide All-Cause Unplanned Readmission Measure
- 2021 Improvement Activity Inventory
- 2021 Promoting Interoperability Measure Specifications
- 2021 MIPS Cost Measure Information Forms