It’s not too late to join the Telligen Performers of Excellence Program
The Telligen Performers of Excellence Program officially began in January, but it’s not too late to join. The program will formally recognize physician practices that demonstrate excellence in quality improvement and are actively participating in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Quality Payment Program (QPP).
To be eligible for the Performers of Excellence Award, practices must have 15 or fewer clinicians and be located in Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, or South Dakota. Award criteria includes quality improvement strategies that align with the four performance categories of the QPP: Quality, Promoting Interoperability, Improvement Activities and Cost. Practices must also participate in Telligen’s QPP Connect Live! call-in sessions and other QPP-related webinars. You can learn more about the specifics of the program by watching our informational webinar posted here.
March Updates to 2021 MIPS Quality Benchmarks Zip File
Recently, CMS made the following changes to the documents in the 2021 MIPS Quality Benchmarks (ZIP):
- Added the 2021 CAHPS for MIPS Historical Benchmarks for Scoring the CAHPS for MIPS Survey for Performance Year 2021 file
- Added the 2021 MIPS Quality Benchmarks Fact Sheet
- Added the 2021 Multiple Performance Rate Measures
- Updated and removed measures and historical benchmarks within the 2021 MIPS Historical Quality Benchmarks file and added a Scoring Examples worksheet
What Are Quality Measure Benchmarks?
Quality measure benchmarks are the point of comparison CMS uses to score the measures you submit. When you submit measures for the MIPS Quality performance category, your performance on each measure is assessed against its benchmark to determine how many points the measure earns.
- Your performance on the measure is compared to its benchmark.
- You are assigned anywhere from 3 to 10 achievement points for each MIPS measure that meets the data completeness standards and case minimum requirements based on this comparison
April Telligen QPP Connect Live Call
As part of the Performers of Excellence Award program, we will host a new call-in series called Telligen QPP Connect Live! Each month we will highlight a topic with a few slides to kick off the call/start the conversation and then you can ask questions (on the topic or anything else you would like). These calls will happen the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 12:00 – 1:00 Central. The call on April 21st will highlight the Promoting Interoperability and Improvement Activities categories. Please use the following information to join via computer or phone.
|Join Zoom Meeting|
|Phone one-tap:||US: +13462487799,,95908897340# or +16699006833,,95908897340#|
|Meeting ID:||959 0889 7340|
|Join by Telephone|
|For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.|
US: +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592
|Meeting ID:||959 0889 7340|
During this call, Kevin Atkins with Dakota State University brought his real-world experiences to describe what you should expect from a Security Risk Assessment, including the HIPAA requirements, what constitutes a risk and identifying the elements of the security risk assessment.
New Improvement Activity for 2020 and 2021
COVID-19 Clinical Data reporting with or without Clinical Trial
To receive credit for this activity, a MIPS-eligible clinician must participate in a COVID-19 clinical trial utilizing a drug or biological product to treat a patient with a COVID-19 infection and report their findings through a clinical data repository or clinical data registry for the duration of their study. For more information on the COVID-19 clinical trials we refer readers to the U.S. National Library of Medicine website at: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=COVID-19
New Resources in the QPP Resource Library
The following resources were updated or added in March.
- 2021 MIPS Guide to Using a QCDR or Qualified Registry
- 2021 Facility-Based Quick Start Guide
- 2020 MIPS Automatic Extreme and Incontrollable Circumstance Policy
- 2021 Quality Benchmarks
- 2021 MIPS Data Validation Criteria
- 2020 and 2021 Comprehensive List of APMs
- 2020 MIPS Scoring Guide
- 2021 Quality Quick Start Guide
- MIPS Value Pathways Diagrams
- 2021 Call for Measures and Activities