Act Now: 2020 Data Collection
With increases to the performance threshold (45 points) and quality data completeness (70 percent) in 2020, ECs are encouraged to start collecting and tracking quality data to maximize scores and avoid a negative payment adjustment in 2022.
Multiple 2020 resources are available to help ECs plan, including CMS’ Explore Measures and Activities Tool and Telligen’s 2020 QPP MIPS Checklist. If you have questions please reach out to us for assistance.
Upcoming Deadline: 2019 Data Submission
Earlier this year, CMS opened the QPP Portal for submission of 2019 Performance Year data. Data can be submitted and/or updated until the data submission closes on March 31 (7 p.m. CT). To submit data, sign into the QPP Portal with your HARP credentials.
Please Note: There is no ‘submit’ button to select after uploading and/or entering data. To prevent the potential for lost information, ECs are encouraged to print each category submission and overview screen after entering data.
If you have questions on data submission, please reference the 2019 Data Submission FAQs, or the following videos:
- Telligen Data Submission Presentation
- Introduction and Overview of 2019 Data Submission
- File Upload and Quality Scoring
- Manual Attestation of Improvement Activities
- Manual Attestation of Promoting Interoperability
For HARP enrollment assistance, please refer to the QPP Access User Guide.
New Resource: Year 3 Data Submission
In this video, Telligen QPP team provides an overview on how to successfully report MIPS data for the Quality Improvement Activities and the Promoting Interoperability performance categories. It also provides answers to common questions surrounding MIPS data submission.
Mark Your Calendar: April LAN Webinars
There will not be a March LAN webinar, please mark your calendars for the next LAN event in April.
Maximizing Your Performance in the Cost Category; Advice for Solo and Small Group Practices
Registration is forthcoming. The events will be held:
New CMS Resources: Now Available in the QPP Library
The following resources were updated or added in February:
- 2020 Part B Claims Reporting Quick Start Guide
- 2019 MIPS Scoring Guide
- 2020 Quality Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Quality Benchmarks
- 2020 Cross-Cutting Quality Measures
- 2019 QPP Data Submission User Guide
- 2020 Medicare Part B Claims Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2020 MIPS Quick Start Guide
Quality Measures Tip: New Measures & Activities for 2020
Continuing our in-depth look at new measures and activities for 2020, this month we will look at the new Quality Measure 476: International Prostate Symptom Score or American Urological Association-Symptom Index Change 6-12 Months After Diagnosis of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.
This Patient Reported Outcome, High Priority e-measure calculates the percentage of patients:
- with an office visit during the measurement period
- with a new diagnosis of clinically significant Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- who have International Prostate Symptoms Score OR
- who have American Urological Association Symptom Index documented at time of diagnosis, and 6-12 months later with an improvement of three points
Measure specifications can be found here.