Now Open: 2019 Data Submission Window
ECs can now submit and/or update 2019 performance year data until the submission window closes on March 31, 2020 at 7 p.m., CT. To submit data, sign into the QPP Portal with your HARP credentials.
There is no submit button to select after submitting your data. Make sure to print each category submission screen and the overview screen to ensure you have a record of all data submitted.
Reminder: Check Your MIPS Eligibility Status
The QPP Participation Status Tool is available for ECs to:
- Confirm their final 2019 MIPS eligibility status
- View the third snapshot of data from APM entities
- View preliminary eligibility for 2020
For More Information:
- Visit the MIPS participation page on the QPP website
- View the 2019 QPP Participation Infographic
- Reference the 2019 MIPS Participation & Eligibility Fact Sheet, User Guide and/or Quick Start Guide
- To learn how CMS determines QP & APM participation status for each snapshot, reference the 2019 QP Methodology Resources
Telligen Webinar: QPP 2020 PY Changes
Are you looking for more information about changes to QPP MIPS for the 2020 performance year? Watch our new presentation summarizing 2020 changes and tips on how to prepare for the year.
Webinar Recording: A Closer Look at Changes for 2020 for QPP MIPS
Register Now: January LAN Webinar
MIPS Q&A Town Hall for Solo and Small Group Practices
During this webinar, panelists will identify PY 2020 changes and answer and answer questions (we encourage ECs to submit questions when registering for the event).
New Resources: Available in the QPP Library
The following resources were updated or added in December:
- 2019 Data Submission FAQs
- 2020 Eligibility and Participation Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Improvement Activities Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Quality Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Promoting Interoperability Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Part B Claims Reporting Quick Start Guide
- 2020 MIPS Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Improvement Activity Quick Start Guide
- 2020 Quality Benchmarks
- 2020 Cost Measure Information
- 2020 and 2019 Comprehensive List of APMs
- 2020 Promoting Interoperability Measure Specifications
- 2020 Qualified Registries
- 2020 Qualified QCDRs
- 2020 Improvement Activity Inventory
- 2020 QCDR Measure Specifications
- 2020 Web Interface Measure Specifications
- 2020 Clinical Quality Measure Specifications
- 2020 Part B Claims Measure Specifications
Quality Measures Tip: New Measures & Activities for 2020
This section of the newsletter takes an in-depth look at new measures and activities for 2020.
We will start with the new Improvement Activity, Drug Cost Transparency (IA_BE_25). Practices can attest to completion of this activity by providing counseling to patients and/or their caregivers regarding the cost (including out-of-pocket costs) of drugs.
Where appropriate, ECs must research the availability of alternative drugs and explore patient eligibility for financial assistance programs. This must be done for a minimum of 90-days during the 2020 performance year. Being a high weighted activity, small practices can earn the full 40 points for completion.
This material was prepared by Telligen QPP-SURS Resource Center, the Quality Payment Program for Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. HHSM-500-2017-00012C.