Get Ready: 2019 Data Submission
The 2019 data submission period is right around the corner. As a reminder, we offer free technical assistance and guidance to make sure that you are ready to submit MIPS data and meet your goals. Contact your Telligen QPP advisor or Kelly Smith at 515-223-2164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder PI Hardship Exemptions
The 2019 QPP Exception Applications for the Promoting Interoperability performance category are now available. Applications must be submitted by December 31, 2019. MIPS ECs, groups, and virtual groups may submit an application citing one of the following reasons:
- You’re a small practice
- You have decertified EHR technology
- You have insufficient internet connectivity
- You face extreme and uncontrollable circumstances such as disaster, practice closure, severe financial distress or vendor issues
- You lack control over the availability of CEHRT (simply lacking CEHRT does not qualify you for re-weighting)
Note: EC’s already exempt from PI need not apply If you have questions about the hardship exceptions, please refer to the 2019 Exceptions: FAQs document.
Register Now: October Events
LAN Webinar: Transforming Your Practice to Succeed in MIPS
At this roundtable event, panelists will share insights & challenges to succeeding in MIPS, including: Care coordination techniques Creating and using EHR functionalities Collaborating with community partners Engaging staff Aligning MIPS with other work to help patients & practices succeed
Resources New from CMS
New: MIPS Glossary
A new glossary of common MIPS terms is now available on the QPP website under the “About” tab.
New: Quick Start Guides
CMS also developed two new Quick Start Guides summarizing requirements for the Promoting Interoperability and Improvement Activities performance categories. These are a great resource for those new to the program or looking for a quick overview.
The Latest: New or Updated to the QPP Resource Library
- 2019 Improvement Activities Guide
- 2019 QP Methodology Factsheet
- 2020 Virtual Group Toolkit
- 2019 MIPS Quality Measures Impacted by ICD-10 Updates
- 2018 MIPS Performance Feedback Beneficiary-Level Data Reports
- 2019 Improvement Activity Category Fact Sheet
- 2019 MIPS 101 Guide
- 2019 Data Validation Criteria
- 2018 Data Validation Criteria
- 2019 Clinical Quality Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2019 Part B Claims Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2020 MIPS Payment Adjustment Fact Sheet
- 2019 Qualified Registries
- 2018 Performance Feedback FAQs
- 2019 Eligible Measures Applicability Resources
- 2019 MIPS Participation and Eligibility Fact Sheet
Mental Illness Awareness Week – October 6-12
This year, clinical psychologists were added to the list of MIPS ECs. CMS created a specialty guide for psychologists that provides an overview of the program and highlights measures and activities that may fit your practice.
Psychologists looking for more information on QPP-MIPS are encouraged to contact us at email@example.com.
This material was prepared by Telligen QPP-SURS Resource Center, the Quality Payment Program for Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. HHSM-500-2017-00012C.