The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services recently released proposed policies for the 2020 PY of the Quality Payment Program.
Key Proposals Include:
- Increasing the Performance Threshold to 45 points
- Reducing the Quality performance Category weight to 40 percent
- Increasing the Cost performance Category weight to 20 percent
- Increasing the Completeness Threshold for quality data submitted
- Increasing the threshold for groups reporting an Improvement Activity
MIPS Value Pathways:
CMS is also proposing a new way to participate in MIPS, called the MIPS Value Pathways. Beginning PY 2021, MVPs will encourage the transition to APMs & simplify reporting by requiring ECs to report a smaller set of specialty-specific measures.
This material was prepared by Telligen QPP-SURS Resource Center, the Quality Payment Program for Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. HHSM-500-2017-00012C.