“Then followed that beautiful season…Summer…Filled was the air with a
dreamy and magical light; and the landscape lay as if new created in all the
freshness of childhood.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Now Available: 2018 Cost Data
2018 cost data has been added to the preliminary feedback in the QPP Portal. We recommend that you log in to your account and view this data.
Final performance feedback should be available in July. Once available, you will want to review all of your data for accuracy.
Register Now: CMS Webinars
June LAN Webinar:
How to Succeed in the Promoting Interoperability Category for Solo and Small Group Practices
Please note: There will not be a LAN webinar in July. The August webinar will focus on the Quality category. Registration information will be provided in the July newsletter.
Save the Date: August LAN Webinar:
Maximizing your Quality Score: Beyond the Basics for Solo and Small
Group Practices (registration is not yet open).
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m., CT
- Thursday, August 22, 2019, 10 – 11 a.m., CT
Register Now: Telligen QPP Webinars
APM 201 Series (Hosted by Telligen & Compass PTN): Moving from MIPS to an APM: What You Need to Know
Session Three: Sharing APM Success Stories: In part three of this series, practices will share their journeys and provide tips and strategies that helped them navigate through a successful ACO transition.
Now Available: CMS Podcast
CMS’ Beyond the Policy Podcast
The latest episode focuses on innovation and new payment models, and features discussions with Seema Verma, CMS Administrator, and Adam Boehler, CMS’ Innovation Center Director. Listen to it here.
Feedback: CMS Wants to Hear from You
CMS invites patients and their families, the medical community, and other stakeholders to recommend changes that would shift more of clinicians’ time and resources from needless paperwork, to high-quality care that improves patient health. Comments must be submitted by August 12, 2019.
Resources: QPP Resource Library
The following items were added to the QPP Resource Library in May:
- 2019 Cost User Guide
- 2019 MIPS Quality User Guide
- 2019 MIPS Eligibility Decision Tree
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologist
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Primary Care Clinicians
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Occupational and Physical Therapists
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Dietitians and Nutrition Professionals
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Clinical Psychologists
- 2019 Measures and Activities for Anesthesiologists and Certified Nurse Anesthetists
- 2019 Claims Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2019 Quality Measure Specifications and Supporting Documents
- 2019 Cost Measure Information
- 2019 Facility Based Preview FAQs
Quality Measures: Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness
There are five quality measures that support dementia screening and care. Remember to document them for quality reporting when screening and assessing your patients.
- Cognitive Assessment
- Functional Status Assessment
- Behavioral and Psychiatric Symptoms Screening
- Management, Safety Concern Screening
- Follow-Up, Education and Support of Caregivers