New This Month: CMS Updates 2017 Performance Feedback & Extends Deadline for Targeted Review
CMS recently updated 2017 performance feedback and 2019 payment adjustments. Please log in to your EIDM account to view these changes. A more detailed explanation of the revisions is available here.
If you believe an error was made to your payment adjustment calculation, the targeted review deadline was extended to October 15 at 7:00 p.m. CST (details available below).
If you have questions about your performance feedback or MIPS final score, contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292/ TTY: 1-877-715-6222 or QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
New Events: Peer-to-Peer Learning Calls Continue
This month, Telligen’s peer-to-peer learning series continues with calls targeting those specialty practices and EHR vendors widely represented within our four-state region.
Don’t miss this valuable opportunity to share your successes and challenges, gain valuable knowledge and network with your peers. All calls will be held from 11:00 a.m. – noon CST on the dates below.
10/17/18: Diagnostic Radiologists
11/14/18: AllScripts EHR Users
We want to hear from you! If you have topics or questions to discuss, please contact Michelle Brunsen at email@example.com or 515-453-8180.
Update: Targeted Review Deadline Extended
CMS extended the targeted review deadline to October 15, at 7:00 p.m., CST to allow ECs additional time to access and review their performance feedback.
What is Targeted Review?
This appeals process enables MIPS ECs (including those subject to the APM scoring standard) to request a CMS review of their performance feedback and final score. Instructions are available here.
If you have questions about your final MIPS score or the targeted review process, please contact the Quality Payment Program. Phone: 1-866-288-8292/TTY: 1-877-715-6222 Email: QPP@cmshhs.gov.
EC Resources: Your 2018 Data Submission
Help is Just a Phone Call Away
The fourth quarter is underway, which means 2018 data submission is looming. Don’t forget, the Telligen team is here to help practices submit MIPS data and meet their goals. To contact an advisor, call 844-358-4021 or email. ECs are encouraged to attend the October LAN webinar covering this topic.
New: Meet Your QPP Resource Team
This is my second tenure working from the Telligen office in Oak Brook, Illinois. I’ve been back with the organization for three and a half years, and I truly enjoy working here!
Currently, I assist Nebraska clinicians navigating the Quality Payment Program at the small, underserved and rural practice level. I also assist Illinois practices with 16 or more ECs.
I’ve spent my entire career in the field of healthcare quality focusing on health IT. My previous experience spans from quality measure development, inpatient performance improvement and health IT support.
I have a bachelor’s degree in healthcare management from Southern Illinois University and master’s degrees in public health and business administration from Saint Xavier University in Chicago.
In my spare time, I enjoy exploring Chicago, especially in the summertime. My favorite catch phrase is, “There’s no place like Summertime Chi.” I have a special interest in eliminating health disparities, and co-lead a medical ministry initiative at a well-known Chicago church. I also volunteer with several organizations promoting college access.
I’m a cat mom to sweet Nubia; and self-proclaimed “Queen of Vacation,” always trying to squeeze in a getaway. I also enjoy hosting dinner parties and get-togethers.
Upcoming CMS Webinars: Mark Your Calendar
October LAN Webinar:
November LAN Webinar:
- Overview of the 2019 Final Rule: Implications for Solo and Small Group Practices
- November 13
- November 15
Did You Know: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer diagnosed in women. While regular screenings don’t prevent breast cancer, they can make it easier to treat. Visit the CDC website for more information.
Each year in the United States, approximately:
- 237K cases are diagnosed in women and 2K in men
- 41K women and 450 men will die from breast cancer
- Average age of women diagnosed between 60 & 70
- Breast cancer quality measures –
- 112: Breast Cancer Screening
- 263: Pre-operative Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- 144: Oncology Plan of Care for Pain
QPP Resources: Now Available on CMS.gov
New resources from September and early October now available on the QPP Resource Library.
- 2018 Quality Measures Impacted by ICD-10
- Quality Benchmarks
- MIPS Data Validation Criteria
- Eligible Measures Applicability Resources
- MIPS Measures and Activities for Anesthesiologists
- MIPS Measures and Activities for Cardiologists
- MIPS Measures and Activities for Radiologists
- QRDA III Implementation Guide for Eligible Professionals and Eligible Clinicians
- QRDA III Schematrons and Sample Files for Eligible Professionals and Eligible Clinicians
Ongoing Webinar Series: The Opioid Safety Project
Opioid abuse is a critical public health concern and a relevant topic for all providers and practices. They’re prescribed to relieve pain, but opioids can also have a soothing, euphoric effect that could lead to dependency. Misuse, overdose and deaths have been increasing at disturbing rates. According to the CDCP, an average of 115 Americans die every day from opioid overdose.
Telligen QIN-QIO and the American Medical Association will take a deeper dive into safely managing patients with opioids in a webinar series held the second Wednesday of each month.
- October 10: Non-Pharmacologic Approaches to Pain Management
- Presenters: Daniel Blaney-Koen, JD, (AMA) and Steve DeToy Medical Society of Rhode Island
- Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Registration Link: goo.gl/eyTiLh
- November 14: Psychologically-Integrated Approaches to Pain Management
- Presenter: Dr. Elie Aoun – American Psychiatric Association
- Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Registration Link: goo.gl/DXFJcZ
- December 12: Patient and Family Perspectives
- Presenter: Jennifer Westlund – American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Time: Noon – 1:00 p.m. CST
- Registration Link: goo.gl/SzqZ6t
This material was prepared by Telligen QPP-SURS Resource Center, the Quality Payment Program for Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota, under contract with the Centers for Medicare &Medicaid Services (CMS), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The contents presented do not necessarily reflect CMS policy. HHSM-500-2017-00012C.