Happy Holidays! We hope you enjoy time with family and friends this season. Please reach out to us if you have any questions on submitting 2018 data or changes to the program for 2019.
- Phone: 844-358-4021 Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.telligenqpp.com
To compare Year 2 and 3 requirements side by side, visit: QPP Year 2 vs Year 3 Requirements
Upcoming Webinars: Mark Your Calendar
Telligen will host a webinar about Year 3 QPP changes on December 18 from 12 -1 p.m. CST. Register Here: A Closer Look at the Performance Requirements for 2019
New: Resources for Eligible Clinicians
For the 2019 performance year, CMS added six new clinician types to the Quality Payment Program. To help clinicians navigate through their first year, we’ve developed the following specialty fact sheets.
- Speech Pathologist
- Dietitians or Nutritional Professional
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
New: Changes to MIPS Eligibility Status
CMS is asking clinicians to take a few minutes to review their eligibility status for the 2018 MIPS program.
CMS conducted an initial review of Medicare Part B claims from 9/1/16 to 8/31/17 and updated clinicians’ status based on a second review from 9/1/17 to 8/31/18.
Your Status May Have Changed We encourage Telligen QPP-SURS clients to use the QPP Participation Status Tool to confirm their final 2018 MIPS eligibility.
New: View Physician Compare Data Before it’s Posted
The Physician Compare 30-day preview period is officially open for clinicians and practices wanting to preview 2017 QPP performance information before the information is public and downloadable.
Access the secured preview by logging into the QPP website using your EIDM credentials. The 30-day preview period closes December 31, 2018 at 8 p.m. ET.
For additional information, refer to the following resources:
For assistance accessing the website or obtaining your EIDM user role, contact the QPP service center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov.
Upcoming Deadline: Hardship Exception for PI Category
The deadline to submit a QPP Hardship Exception Applicationfor the PI performance category is December 31, 2018. Approved clinicians will be exempt from reporting for the Promoting Interoperability category, and will have the Quality category reweighted to 75 percent.
Reasons for submitting an application include:
- Small practice clinicians (15 or fewer)
- Using decertified EHR technology
- Insufficient Internet connectivity
- Extreme and uncontrollable circumstances
- Lack of control over the availability of CEHRT
Answers to common questions can be found on the Hardship Exception FAQ.
Reminder: Final Rule
The Final Rule for the Quality Payment Program was released on November 1.
Key Changes for 2019:
- Addition of six new clinician types
- A third criteria of the low-volume threshold
- Ability to opt-in to MIPS if you exceed at least one of the low volume thresholds
- New category weights for quality and cost
- Overhaul of the Promoting Interoperability category
- Addition of facility-based scoring for those who qualify
For more information, refer to the Final Rule Fact Sheet, or attend our December 18 webinar: A Closer Look at the Performance Requirements for 2019.
New Resource: Nebraska QPP Coalition
The Nebraska QPP Coalition was recently formed to help Nebraska clinicians thrive in a patient-centric, value-based payment environment.
The coalition meets regularly to identify ways to work together to provide technical assistance, including: access to subject-matter experts, webinars, newsletters, conferences, events, website resources, public speaking, virtual or onsite one-on-one assistance.
A list of Nebraska QPP Coalition Partners is available here.
Feel free to reach out to any of these organizations with QPP-related questions or contact us to identify which organization can best assist you.
NE QPP Coalition Goals:
- Align strategy and metrics to eliminate market confusion and create synergy
- Promote efficient resource use and reduce duplication of efforts
- Engage and equip clinicians with sustainable transformative skill sets
New Resources: Available on QPP.CMS.GOV
Below are links to resources added or updated in November on qpp.cms.gov.
- 2018 Cost 101 Guide 11/21
- 2018 Improvement Activity 101 Guide 11/21
- 2018 Promoting Interoperability Factsheet 11/21
- 2018 MIPS 101 Guide 11/21/18
- 2018 Promoting Interoperability 101 Guide 11/21
- 2018 Cost Fact Sheet 11/21
- 2018 Quality 101 Guide 11/21
- 2018 PI Information Blocking Fact Sheet 11/15
- 2019 PI Information Blocking Fact Sheet 11/15