Last week CMS released the 2019 QPP Final Rule outlining what the changing and expanding program will look like in its third year.
A summary of key policies for QPP Year 3 include:
- Expanding MIPS EC criteria to include physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, audiologists, clinical psychologists, and registered dietitians or nutrition professionals.
- Adding a third element to the low-volume threshold determination (number of covered professional services) and providing an opt-in participation option.
- Offering facility-based scoring so that facility-based clinicians aren’t required to submit individual data.
- Requiring a smaller set of objectives and measures with performance-based scoring for the Promoting Interoperability category.
- Continuing the small practice bonus, but including it in the Quality performance category score instead of as a standalone bonus.
- Streamlining the definition of a MIPS comparable measure for Advanced APMs.
- Updating the MIPS APM measure sets that apply for purposes of the APM scoring standard.
- Increasing use of Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) by requiring 75 percent of ECs in each APM entity use CEHRT.
- Extending the 8 percent revenue-based nominal amount standard for Advanced APMs through performance year 2024.
For More Information: