CMS released the first look at the proposed Quality Payment Program Year 3 rule yesterday. The 1,473 page proposed rule includes “historic changes” to the Medicare program aimed at restoring the doctor-patient relationship.
Highlights of the proposed changes include:
- Streamlining documentation requirements for “evaluation & management” visits
- Reimbursing clinicians for virtual care provided via technology
- Adding a third component to the low-volume threshold (200 covered professional services or less)
- Allowing ECs who meet 1 or 2 elements of the low-volume threshold to participate in MIPS by choice
- Continuing the small practice bonus, but incorporating it as part of the Quality score (versus a standalone bonus)
Submit Your Comments:
Stakeholders have until September 10, 2018, to comment on the changes.
For More Information:
CMS-provided references for the Year 3 Proposed Rule: