The QPP Plunge: Get Ready to Dive Into 2018
Don’t forget, eligible clinicians participating in MIPS will submit their 2017 data beginning January 2, 2018, through March 31, 2018. We’re here to walk you through your options so you can move forward with confidence.
Now Live: QPP Data Submission System
Attention MIPS Eligible Clinicians: You can now submit all of your 2017 performance data through one platform on the QPP website. Data can be submitted and updated any time now through March 31, 2018.*
Telligen’s Take: We predict ECs will love the streamlined, user-friendly design of this new system. ECs are strongly encouraged not to put off submitting data until the end of March. Those who submit early can make changes & resubmit as often as necessary up through March 31.
Important Points to Remember:
- To submit data you must sign-in (see instructions provided in the next article).
- This system replaces legacy reporting tools for PQRS and Meaningful Use; meaning all MIPS components will be reported to this one location.
- Read the fact sheet
- Watch the training video
- Contact Telligen with questions or to schedule a free 1:1 appointment.
*Excludes groups using the CMS Web Interface whose submission period is January 22, 2018 to March 16, 2018.
How To: Log-In to the QPP Data Submission System
ECs are encouraged to log-in early to become familiar with the system. To log-in and submit data to the QPP website, you must have valid EIDM credentials:
- The EIDM account provides user identification for accessing CMS’ systems.
- The system will connect each user with their practice Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Once connected, ECs can report as a group or as individual clinicians within the practice.
- To learn about how to create an EIDM account, see this user guide.
ECs who need assistance with the data submission system may contact CMS by email or toll-free at 1-866-288-8292.
Events: Mark Your Calendar
Tuesday, January 23 & Thursday, January 25
What: January LAN Webinar: Final Rule Implications for Small Practices
Participants will learn how to:
- Submit MIPS attestation data directly to CMS
- Create an EIDM account for reviewing MIPS submissions
- Addressing submission challenges impacting solo practitioners and small group practices
- Access free technical assistance available
Tuesday, February 20 & Thursday, February 22
What: February LAN Webinar: Final Rule Implications for Small Group Practices
Save the Date: Registration details to be determined.
February 20 at 6:00 p.m., CST
February 22 at 10:00 a.m., CST
What: Overview of MIPS for Small, Rural, & Underserved Practices
Description: New to QPP/MIPS? This webinar is for you. Topics include:
- A brief overview of the QPP & MIPS participation track
- Flexibility and resources available to small practices
- A brief summary of Year 2 MIPS requirements
New: CMS Wants to Hear From You
CMS is accepting recommendations from stakeholders on new and/or revised specialty measure sets being considered for the 2019 MIPS program year.
The current 2018 specialty measure sets (link currently unavailable) are located in the Appendix measure tables of the CY 2018 QPP final rule.
Submit recommendations for a new specialty measure set and/or revisions to the current 2018 specialty measure to the PIMMS Quality Measures Support mailbox.
Stakeholder recommendations are due by Friday, February 9th, 2018. All recommendations submitted by the deadline will be considered and assessed for possible inclusion in the CY 2019 QPP.
QPP Resources: Now Available on CMS.gov
Here’s a list of new QPP resources now available related to the quality component.
- Claims Registry Measures: