Year 2 of QPP will keep many of the flexibilities from the transition year to help clinicians get ready for Year 3, including:
- Going slow while preparing clinicians for full implementation in year 3.
- Providing more flexibility to help reduce your burden.
- Offering new incentives for participation.
Just like in the transition year, Telligen and other free, hands-on Technical Assistance (TA) is here to help you and your groups participate in the Quality Payment Program!
- Many of the transition year policies will remain with some minor changes.
- More Options for Small Practices (15 or fewer clinicians).
- Gradual Implementation to ensure clinicians are ready for full implementation in Year 3.
- Policies that address extreme and uncontrollable circumstances for both the transition year and 2018 MIPS performance year.
- Implementing provisions in the 21st Century Cures Act, some of which will apply to MIPS transition year.
- Introducing Virtual Groups as another participation option for Year 2.
- Policies that more closely aligns the standards that apply to Medicare and Other Payer Advanced APMs.
- Provisions to increase APM participation.
- Policies to further reduce burden and simplify the program.
For full details on the final rule for QPP Year 2, click here.