Is your group practice planning to report 2017 quality data via CMS’ GPRO Web Interface? If so, you are required to register before June 30, 2017.
Groups participating in MIPS must register if:
- They’re using the CMS Group Web Interface for 2017 MIPS reporting (only groups of 25 or more eligible clinicians can report via the CMS Web Interface in 2017).
- They’re administering the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) for MIPS survey (only groups of two or more eligible clinicians can participate in the CAHPS for MIPS survey in 2017).
For the 2017 performance period, CMS automatically registered groups for the CMS Web Interface if they previously registered for group reporting under the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) via the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) Web Interface. Here are two points to keep in mind if you were automatically registered:
- If your group would like to participate through another data submission option (i.e. you are a MIPS group reporting through your EHR or a registry), you need to cancel your registration system by June 30, 2017.
- If you need to remove your registration for Web Interface submission because your group now has fewer than 25 eligible clinicians, CMS asks that you cancel your registration.
- If your group wants to administer the CAHPS for MIPS survey, your group will need to make an election via the registration system.
For More Information
These CMS resources are available to help navigate the group reporting process:
- CMS Web Interface Registration Guide
- 2017 MIPS: CMS Web Interface Fact Sheet
- 2017 CAHPS for MIPS Fact Sheet
Or contact Michelle Brunsen at Telligen’s QPP-SURS Resource Center at: 515.453.8180 or email@example.com.