Welcome to Telligen’s MACRA Minute! You’re on your way to learning everything you need to know about the QPP/MIPS, and we’re excited to be part of your journey.
As a designated QPP-SURS contractor, Telligen will help small practices in Iowa, S. Dakota, N. Dakota, and Nebraska navigate the transition to CMS’ QPP.
Visit our website, telligenqpp.com to view a schedule of events, the latest updates, and resources dedicated to helping practices meet their QPP goals.
Last month, Telligen’s Susan Brown and Michelle Brunsen held two webinars introducing the Telligen QPP Resource Center. For those unable to attend, the webinar recording and slides are available on our website.
QPP = Quality Payment Program; MIPS = Merit-Based Incentive Payment System; SURS = Small, Under-served and Rural Support.
QPP Readiness Checklist
While 2017 is a considered a transition year, determining how your practice can succeed in the years ahead should begin as soon as possible. If you’re not sure where to start, use this checklist to cover the basics.
- Get Educated: Visit CMS’ QPP website to familiarize yourself with the program.
- Get Involved: Identify the organization providing free technical assistance to practices in your state by contacting your local QPP-SURS, QIN/QIO or TCPI/PTN.
- Get Informed: Sign-up for the QPP mailing list/newsletter updates to stay apprised of new information, deadlines and activities.
- Get Ready: If you don’t have the 2015 version of your EHR, talk with your vendor to get on the upgrade list.
Work with your resource center to:
- Determine your QPP eligibility
- Assess readiness, set your goals, and pick your pace
- Choose whether to report as an individual or group
- Review the QPP timeline for key dates
- Choose the data submission option for each QPP/MIPS category
- Analyze your reports to determine strengths and areas for growth
- Attend QPP-related webinars and educational offerings
- Answer questions and prepare for data submission
Mark Your Calendar
What: Iowa MGMA 2017 Spring Conference
Time & Location: April 19 – 21; Cedar Rapids Convention Center
Find Us: Visit our booth to say hello, ask questions, & sign-up for free services. While you’re there, join our breakout session, Unlocking the Quality Payment Program, on Thursday, April 20 at 4 p.m.
What: Telligen QPP-SURS Webinar
Time: 12 p.m., CST
Topic & Description: The Quality Component of MIPS: Tips for Success
In 2017, the Quality performance category accounts for 60 percent of the provider’s overall MIPS score. So if you’re looking for one category to really focus on, quality is an excellent place to start. This category represents more than a scoring exercise; it’s about improving quality outcomes for your patients. Click here to register.
- Telligen Resource Center
- Office Hours: Reach an advisor directly: Tuesdays 9-11 a.m. & Thursdays 12-1 p.m., CST
- Call Us (Office Hours, CST): 515-453-8180
- Call Us (Normal business hours, CST): 844-358-4021
- Email Us: email@example.com
- National QPP Resource Center (CMS)
- Phone: 866-288-8292
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org